List:       publib
Subject:    [PubLib] Staying on Top of Technology Trends (Infopeople Onlne Course)
From:       Gini Ambrosino <assist () INFOPEOPLE ! ORG>
Date:       2014-06-24 15:51:28

Spaces are still available in this Infopeople online course--

 <https://infopeople.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=405> Staying on Top
of Technology Trends

An Infopeople online course, July 8 to August 4, 2014

Do technology changes make you feel like you are rafting in whitewater?
Here's an online course that will help you build your own personal
strategies for staying on top of technology trends and feel better prepared
for changes now and in the future. You'll look at innovation cycles in
consumer technology and how they influence your library and your community.

During the course, you will explore:

*	Whether technologies are emerging or submerging
*	Plans to incorporate a new technology
*	Process reviews to improve existing technology
*	Five key technology trends affecting libraries right now
*	How to follow and filter trend watchers and trend setters-inside and
outside the library world

First offered a year ago, this popular course has been updated. Those who
took the previous course commented that, "The course got me thinking in a
new direction...helping me be open to new technology, keep up with it, and
consider how it can relate to our library and its users. Invaluable!"

Instructor: David Lee King <https://infopeople.org/people/david-lee-king>

Fee: $75 for those in the California library community and Infopeople
Partners, $150 for all others.

For a complete course description and to register go to
https://infopeople.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1
<https://infopeople.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=405> &id=405.

Gini Ambrosino, Infopeople Project Assistant

705 E. Bidwell, Suite 2 - 312

Folsom, CA 95630

(916) 690-6595

assist@infopeople.org