List:       publib
Subject:    [PubLib] RFID hub tags for DVDs and video games
From:       Carol Coffey <ccoffey () CALS ! LIB ! AR ! US>
Date:       2014-06-18 15:09:29

Apologies for the cross-posting.

When we first converted to RFID, we used regular book RFID tags on the DVD =
cases rather than applying hub tags directly to the discs.  At the time, it=
 seemed the wiser course of action, but now we're experiencing a rash of DV=
D and video game thefts that is making us reconsider our decision.  Does an=
yone out there have experience with using RFID hub tags on video game discs=
?  For those of you using the hub tags on your DVDs, how are they working f=
or you?  Any information or informed opinions would be gratefully received.

Thanks,
Carol

Carol Coffey
Head of Library Resources and Digital Services
Central Arkansas Library System<http://www.cals.org/>
100 Rock St.
Little Rock AR 72201
501.918.3008