List:       publib
Subject:    [PubLib] Library-themed stuff in Country Living
From:       Nann Blaine Hilyard <nbhilyard () ZBLIBRARY ! ORG>
Date:       2013-02-26 15:31:56

The current issue of Country Living magazine caught my eye - there is a card catalog \
on the cover.  (The article (p. 91) says that the owner got "the 1960's card catalog \
at a flea market.")   The same homeowner has this wallpaper: \
http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/catalog/productdetail.jsp?navAction=jump&id=983285&cm_mmc=PLA&utm_medium=ppc
 It is $198 per 12-foot roll.  For that price you could buy a whole lot of \
paperbacks, tear off the cover/spines, and decoupage them on the wall.

Also in this issue:  a faux-front card catalog dresser for just $799
 http://www.landofnod.com/circulation-chest/s611220

and notebooks with covers made out of checkout cards:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/MeowKapowShop?ref=seller_info
(In the photo, some are Demco and some are Highsmith.  Wonder if she has any Gaylords \
or Brodarts?)

I don't think the ALA store would stock the wallpaper or the dresser, but I think  \
those checkout card notebooks would be big sellers.

Nann
Wondering whether the predicted snowstorm will be sufficient to cancel tonight's \
board meeting @ the library in Zion, Illinois

Post to publib@webjunction.org
To drop or change your list settings
http://listserv.oclc.org/scripts/wa.exe?REPORT