List:       publib
Subject:    [Publib] Policies for Equipment lending
From:       kathrynt () chatham-kent ! ca
Date:       2007-11-29 20:42:31

I'm interested in finding out what other libraries are charging for
equipment rentals. I've just started a new position and the library system
has recently 'lost' two overhead projectors because the borrowers decided
not to return them.

The current rates here are $5.00/day for an overhead projector and $2.00
/day for a screen. Personally I think these rates are too low since we
don't have the budget to replace lost equipment. Some staff think having
people place a deposit would help but I haven't found any libraries which
follow this example.

I am in the process of rewriting the equipment policy here so I would
appreciate any policies that you know of and/or help in formulating a
policy for our library system.

Kathryn Thompson
Coordinator, Systems & Information Services
Chatham-Kent Public Library
120 Queen Street
Chatham, ON N7M 2G6
519-354-2940 ex. 236