List:       publib
Subject:    [Publib] Library Intranet Guidelines
From:       grrhodes () informedsource ! net (Glenna R !  Rhodes)
Date:       2007-05-31 15:27:16

Hi all - Here's a question for those of you that have Intranets. Do you have written \
guidelines about what can be posted and who may post information? If so, would you \
share those with me?  We have an Intranet now but each of us can only post to the \
division section we work in ( youth services, adult services, etc), altho everyone \
can view all info. I would like to create a section that anyone can post to. The idea \
is to create a "community" area for information that is of interest librarywide. This \
maybe of a professional nature (upcoming training, tech FAQ's or social (library get \
togethers, who just had a baby, what division should be cleaning the staff room this \
month, etc). I also thought it might help create a sense of community for new staff \
members that will be working out in our 2 new branch libraries this fall.  Comments, \
suggestions and actual guidelines are appreciated!  Glenna Rhodes, Electronic \
Resources Librarian, Boise Public Library, Boise, Idaho