List:       publib
Subject:    [Publib] VoIP Systems
From:       catalib () plattsburghlib ! org (Colleen Pelletier)
Date:       2005-07-29 15:39:04

Hello Everyone,
    I'm posting this question for a co-worker of mine.  Please respond directly to \
him at duquetkp@plattsburghlib.org.  Thanks.  Colleen

    We are looking for information on any small public libraries that have purchased \
or may be considering the purchase of Voice-over-internet protocol (VoIP) for their \
library.  Also, we would like to know how well, or how poorly, the system is working. \
Some small businesses say that the installation of VoIP is simpler than traditional \
PBX systems.  What type of phone system (ie...PBX) has been or may be replaced by the \
VoIP?  How many phone extensions are in your current in-house system?  What's the \
brand name of the VoIP system you've selected?  Any tips regarding the selection and \
installation of a VoIP that you may wish to share would be appreciated.  Thanks you \
for help you can give.  Ken Duquette

Colleen Pelletier
Librarian
Plattsburgh Public Library