List:       publib
Subject:    [PUBLIB] criteria for unblocking (fwd)
From:       plib2 () webjunction ! org (PUBLIB)
Date:       2004-05-18 16:14:57

Sender: Ann Pittman <ann.pittman@fnsb.lib.ak.us>
Subject: criteria for unblocking

Hello,
In order to comply with a local ordinance, our medium-sized public library
has recently installed filters on its public Internet machines. If your
library uses filters, and provides patrons the option of requesting that an
individual site be temporarily or permanently unblocked, we'd like to know
what criteria you use to decide whether or not to unblock a site.
Thanks very much.
Ann Pittman
Reference/Interlibrary Loan Librarian
Fairbanks North Star Borough Public Libraries
1215 Cowles St.
Fairbanks, AK 99701