List:       publib
Subject:    [PUBLIB] Library/Museum Grants (fwd)
From:       plib2 () webjunction ! org (PUBLIB)
Date:       2004-05-18 16:14:38

Sender: "Hensley Roberts" <hroberts@collier-lib.org>
Subject: Library/Museum Grants

PUBLIB members,

My director has asked me to find information on grants for a combined
library and museum.  We are interested in grants in any capacity, for
example, start-up (building) costs or operational costs.  I am familiar with
the Institute of Museum and Library Services.  As far as I can tell, they
have grants for either libraries OR museums, but not for something that is
both.  I have already contacted them for a reference to an organization that
might specialize in grants for the library/museum combination.  If anyone
knows of anything like this, please let me know.  You can respond to me
privately at hroberts@collier-lib.org . If there is any interest, I can post
any information that I get for the benefit of others.

Thank you in advance,

Hensley Roberts, MA - L.I.S.
Librarian, Reference
Collier County Public Library, Headquarters
2385 Orange Blossom Dr.
Naples, FL  34101
PH:  239-593-0177, Ext. 17
FX:  239-591-3784