List:       publib
Subject:    [PUBLIB] RE: filtered or unfiltered wording for adults (fwd)
From:       plib2 () webjunction ! org (PUBLIB)
Date:       2004-05-08 8:12:29

Sender: "Michael Golrick" <mgolrick@brdgprtpl.lib.ct.us>
Subject: RE: filtered or unfiltered wording for adults

Hi-

I serve on the ALA E-Rate Task Force (thanks, Jim Casey!), and I need to
advise you that while it would seem that this method would meet the
requirements of CIPA, this particular method MAY NOT meet the rules.
Until the rules are established by case law, you might be risking a law
suit if someone objects to it this way.

Michael

Michael A. Golrick   mgolrick@bridgeportpubliclibrary.org

City Librarian
Bridgeport Public Library
925 Broad Street
Bridgeport CT 06604

http://www.bridgeportpubliclibrary.org

v: 203/576.7777
f: 203/333.0253

The public library is the only public agency which serves the minds of
ALL of the population, one individual at a time.