List:       publib
Subject:    [PUBLIB] Disaster Plans (fwd)
From:       plib2 () webjunction ! org (PUBLIB)
Date:       2002-12-26 19:28:23

Sender: "Sue Kamm"<suekamm@mindspring.com>
Subject: Disaster Plans

This message has been posted to the CALIX and PUBLIB lists.  Please excuse any
duplication.

The library where I work, Inglewood, CA PL, is drafting a disaster plan to use
in our Main Library.  We are particularly concerned with planning for possible
events at night (we're open until 9 p.m. Mon-Thu) and on weekends.  Various
full-time employees are currently floor wardens for the one staff and three
public floors.

I'd be interested in seeing plans from libraries housed in multi-story
buildings, and how you have involved part-time staff in preparing for possible
disasters.  The major problems we can see are fires and earthquakes, although
almost any other kind of disaster (except blizzards and snow) can be
anticipated.

If your document is available in Word format, please email it to me.  You can
snailmail it to:

Sue Kamm
Inglewood Public Library
101 W Manchester Blvd
Inglewood, CA  90301

TIA!

Your friendly CyberGoddess and ALA Councilor-at-large,
Sue Kamm
Truest of the Blue, Los Angeles Dodgers Think Blue Week 2000
Visit my home page:
http://suekamm.home.mindspring.com/index.htm
email:  suekamm@mindspring.com
When you absolutely, positively HAVE to know, ASK A LIBRARIAN!