List:       publib
Subject:    [PUBLIB] Tags and buildings (fwd)
From:       plib2 () webjunction ! org (PUBLIB)
Date:       2002-12-26 19:28:14

Sender: Kathy Hunt <khunt@fspl.lib.ar.us>
Subject: Tags and buildings

Hi folks,
I haven't written in a while, but the name tag thing is something we
have gone around and around about everywhere I have worked.  In my
present situation (branch manager) the Director has said that we could
put anything we want on our tag, our first name,  last name, or just
"staff" "manager" "circulation" "children's dept." etc.  I always choose
"Mrs. Hunt".  Its a common enough last name that they really can't find
me, and I think that here in the mid south the courtesy of Mrs. adds a
certain cache, at least with the younger ones.  I rather insist that
they call me Mrs. Hunt, not Kathy, I'm not their pal, I'm an adult with
certain authority over them, and yet can still be friendly.
We also just built new buildings recently.  The one biggest complain I
hear from folks that are coming to the Branch instead of the Main
library is "the Main library parking lot is all up hill"  "you have to
park so far away" They are proud of the building, think they are
beautiful.  But the elderly patrons are coming to the branches because
of the incline from the parking lot to the front door.  Ah, well, I
guess you can't please everyone.  I would personally like to have
windows that open, and movable shelving, that could be changed around to
meet different needs.  But for now, this is great.
Blessings on you all, and a busy and fruitful New Year!
Kathy Hunt (that's Mrs. Hunt if your under 19)
Branch Manager
Windsor Dr. Branch Library
Fort Smith, AR