List:       publib
Subject:    [PUBLIB]  (fwd)
From:       plib2 () webjunction ! org (PUBLIB)
Date:       2002-08-29 20:55:26

Sender: Mark Shores <shoresy70@yahoo.com>

Are any public libraries out there using debit card readers & debit cards purchased
from TracSystems, Inc. out of Dallas, TX?

We've been having oodles of problems with our equipment from this company. Other
libraries we've called are not having problems at all.  Those contacts were provided
to us by the company of course!   I'm looking for some unbiased opinions here.

We have approx. a dozen card readers hooked up to photocopiers or microfilm
reader/printers.  We also have one of
their "vend stations" where you insert a debit card, and can encode $$$ on the card
using bills or coins.

Thanks!

Mark Shores
Univ. of Arkansas-Monticello

=====
Mark L. Shores
Electronic Resources & Reference Librarian
University of Arkansas at Monticello
Monticello, AR USA
shoresy70@yahoo.com

"Better than a thousand useless words is one single word that gives peace."  Dhammapada, verse 100