List:       publib
Subject:    [PUBLIB] CD book problem in Texas (fwd)
From:       plib2 () webjunction ! org (PUBLIB)
Date:       2002-08-29 20:54:43

Sender: "LaQuita Hilzinger" <laquit@ccpl.ci.corpus-christi.tx.us>
Subject: CD book problem in Texas

Hello,

We have recently purchased several books on CD for our collection
and have encountered an unexpected problem. Summers are very
hot here in Corpus Christi. We have found that the "silver" on our
CD's is sticking to the plastic sleeves inside the cases rendering
the CD's useless. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to determine when
the damage has occured because it is often not noticeable until the
next user attempts to remove the disk from the sleeve.

Is anyone else encountering this problem? If so, what have you done?

Does anyone have a standard (i.e. commercially available) label they
place on the audiobook to warn patrons not to leave items in the =
heat/sun?
If so, what is the exact wording and from whom are they purchased?

I would appreciate any advice and information you are able to provide.

LaQuita Hilzinger, Reference Supervisor
Corpus Christi Public Library
805 Comanche Street
Corpus Christi, TX  78401