List:       publib
Subject:    [PUBLIB] Re: What Do You/Would You Do? (fwd)
From:       plib2 () webjunction ! org (PUBLIB)
Date:       2001-10-31 20:41:10

Sender: "AUDREY BETCHER" <AUDREY@rochester.lib.mn.us>
Subject: Re: What Do You/Would You Do?

We've also developed an information bookmark that we'll hand out if there are \
questions at the time of the pickup of the reserves.  We'll take the library card or \
something in writing.  On the back of the  bookmark is an "Written Consent Form" \
signed by the person giving permission for another to pick up materials.  Then that \
person can keep it in a wallet so he/she doesn't have to have the card along.

I'd be happy to share the text of it if anyone is interested.

> Do you allow patrons to pick up holds for other patrons?  More specifically,
> do you allow a husband or wife to pick up a book that's on hold for the
> spouse?  Or a parent for a child?

Audrey Betcher, Director
Rochester Public Library
101 2nd St SE