List:       publib
Subject:    [PUBLIB] need input (fwd)
From:       plib2 () webjunction ! org (PUBLIB)
Date:       2001-10-30 16:38:12

Sender: Lin Light <holight@llcoop.org>
Subject: need input

We have a Genealogist who likes to photocopy materials and then bind
them for inclusion in our Genealogy/Local History Collection.  Some of
the material is ours that is in bad shape and he then stores the
original.  Others, God only knows where he gets them.
With that in mind, picture a collection of over 8,000 items but only one
fourth of them have MARC records loaded on a shared Circ-system.  I know
I can't create records for all, but, some of the items are very useful
and we do need access to them.
What's the feel for creating MARC records for photocopies of complete
items?     {{{{COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT}}}}!

Standards.  MARC what you can ----- Maintain card file for those you
can't is my thought.

Any and all donations of ideas and suggestions
are welcomed at this house of knowledge.

--
Lin Light
Head of