List:       publib
Subject:    [PUBLIB] Teen Volunteers (fwd)
From:       plib2 () webjunction ! org (PUBLIB)
Date:       2001-03-30 19:26:33

Sender: "Amy Brown" <brownae123@hotmail.com>
Subject: Teen Volunteers

I am doing some research on how libraries can reach out to teens,
specifically through volunteer opportunities.  I would like to hear from
libraries who have teens volunteering in the library or who have library
sponsored groups that volunteer in the community.  I would like to know:

1.  How the program was started
2.  What types of activities teens were involved in
3.  How teens responded to the program
4.  What kind of guidelines or policies should be in place
5.  Any tips, words of wisdom, stories, or experiences.

Thank you,

Amy Brown
Library Student
Wayne State University