List:       publib
Subject:    [PUBLIB] Re: conference reports (fwd)
From:       plib2 () webjunction ! org (PUBLIB)
Date:       2000-07-31 21:00:08

Sender: Miriam Bobkoff <mbobkoff@rt66.com>
Subject: Re: conference reports

Our travel is underwritten by the Friends of the Library. (The City
doesn't believe in out-of-state travel.) So I usually whomp them up
something very informal and accessible, by way of a thankyou. The last
occasion was the Innovative Interfaces Users Group meeting--they are our
automation vendor-- in Philadelphia, and my report was entitled "How I
Spent Five Days and Four Nights of Unbridled Excitement in Philadelphia"
It included a capsule description of each session I attended and some
plain-English clue about how it pertains to us (since it was all pretty
tech-y), the grand reception, a visit to the Philly main library (with
lots of public access computer gossip), and a report on how the in-hotel
WebTV works with our web-based OPAC.  I had a blast writing it, and though
I doubt anyone from the Friends actually read it, I'm sure they got the
main message: it was very useful to be able to go, and thanks.

Miriam Bobkoff                      personal: mbobkoff@rt66.com
Santa Fe Public Library             work: mbobkoff@ci.santa-fe.nm.us
145 Washington Avenue
Santa Fe, NM 87501