List:       publib
Subject:    [PUBLIB] Re: "hearing the Internet" (fwd)
From:       plib2 () webjunction ! org (PUBLIB)
Date:       2000-04-27 20:10:58

Sender: "Susan Oliver" <susaneo52@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: "hearing the Internet" (fwd)

We provide headphones upon request when people sign up to use the computers.
  We ask them to bring them back to us at the Ref. Desk, and when they do we
hand them an alcohol wipe so they can clean them off.  Sometimes they do
leave them by the computer and we have to retreive them; we don't do the
cleaning then.  Anyone is welcome to clean them before using them.  We also
provide jacks so that two people can listen at the same time.  It has not
turned out to be as much of a hassle as we thought it would be, and the
customers really love it, especially kids.
Susan Oliver, North Tampa Library, olivers@thpl.org
P.S.  Each librarian has her own set of headphones so that if we need to
listen to something we don't have to use the ones the customers use!