List:       publib
Subject:    [PUBLIB] Re: "... punish libraries for kids' access to net porn."
From:       plib2 () webjunction ! org (PUBLIB)
Date:       2000-01-29 17:59:09

Sender: Jamie McQuinn <ec_jamie@DAYTON.LIB.OH.US>
Subject: Re: "... punish libraries for kids' access to net porn."

If this law passes, the only alternative for South Carolina public
libraries would be to eliminate all access to the Internet.

There is no filter in existence that can guarantee that no one will
access porn.

Maybe South Carolina should run that up their flag pole too....

--

"Is all the comedy on TV causing comedy in the streets?"
                           --Steven Wright?

James A. McQuinn, Manager
EC Doren Branch Library
Dayton & Montgomery County Public Library
701 Troy St.
Dayton, Ohio 45404
937-227-9506   FAX: 973-224-4773         O-

| The opinions expressed here are my own and |
| not necessarily those of my employer.      |