List:       publib
Subject:    [PUBLIB] Career Day for 4 year olds (fwd)
From:       plib2 () webjunction ! org (PUBLIB)
Date:       2000-01-29 17:58:43

Sender: Hillary <htheyer@pacbell.net>
Subject: Career Day for 4 year olds

There is a great picture book called RED LIGHT, GREEN LIGHT, MAMA AND ME
about a young girl accompanying her mother the librarian to work.  It does a
great job of highlighting all the people who work in the library from the
checkout clerks to the shelvers and the librarians.  It shows storytime too.
I think the author's last name is Best.  It is a good read-aloud.

There is also a book called I LIKE THE LIBRARY by Anne Rockwell (I think)
which has a young child describing all the reasons he likes the library.  It
dates itself with the "card catalog" and checking out records, but also
reads aloud well.  Both are standards for my National Library Week
storytime.

Hillary Theyer