List:       publib
Subject:    [PUBLIB] Re: Unscented disinfectants/cleaners? (fwd)
From:       plib2 () webjunction ! org (PUBLIB)
Date:       2000-01-28 22:55:24

Sender: Fred G Hill <hill@lemming.uvm.edu>
Subject: Re: Unscented disinfectants/cleaners?

On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, Adrienne Canty wrote:
>To reduce the spread of germs and reduce staff illness, a staff member has
>requested that we keep a bottle of cleaning fluid and J-cloths (or the like)
>at each of our reference stations, which would be used to clean the computer
>keyboards and telephone on a regular basis, i.e. once a day or more.

	All the various "wipes" available for computer screens and
other office equipment seem to be the same:  cellulose dampened with
rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol).  It smells medicinal but
evaporates quickly and leaves no odor.  One comes across Handi-Wipes
here and there for general public use (as in fried chicken
restaurants, I think), which are the same but lemon-scented, a
lingering odor and a gratuituous one for computer workstations, in my
view.  But not particularly harsh at that brief exposure.

					...Fred

      Fred G Hill, Circulation                  hill@lemming.uvm.edu
      Fletcher Free Library                         802 863-3403 vox
      235 College St, Burlington, VT 05401, USA     802 865-7227 fax