List:       publib
Subject:    Snapshots?
From:       plib2 () webjunction ! org (PUBLIB)
Date:       1999-12-30 16:19:31

Colleague here just did *complete* Y2K safeguard backup of three web sites
we co-manage: county library consortium, county library (biigggg! site)
and our home township. Occurs to me..what an opportunity??! who is doing
what about saving these backed up sites, as a snapshot of Dec. 1999.
I've offered the town web backup to hometown library for their history
archive, will probably offer county library to the county heritage
commission. (Yeah..and who's saving the CPUs and drives we would need
to read this in 50 years, right??!)