List:       publib
Subject:    [PUBLIB:11059] picture-book shelving and slotwalls (fwd)
From:       plib2 () webjunction ! org (PUBLIB)
Date:       1998-04-30 19:51:36

Sender: "De Fraga, Ann" <adefraga@mail.contra-costa.lib.ca.us>
Subject: picture-book shelving and slotwalls

In planning a new library we are considering some innovations (to us at
least) of displaying books in the children's section.  We are considering
shelving at least some of our picture books in book bins, with the books
facing forward so the child can see the covers.  We are also considering
devoting some of our wall space to slot walls where books and giveaways can
be displayed in plastic holders.  Does anyone out there have experience with
these two methods of display?  Do you like them?  Pros and cons?

Reply to:  mpartrid@mail.contra-costa.lib.ca.us