List:       publib
Subject:    Computerised newspaper indexing (fwd)
From:       plib2 () sunsite ! berkeley ! EDU (PUBLIB)
Date:       1997-04-30 16:16:09

Sender: Chris Goddard <cgoddard@www.devon-cc.gov.uk>
Subject: Computerised newspaper indexing

We are thinking about automating our indexing procedures. We currently index
just two local newspaper titles a day, using 5"x3" cards, as we have been
doing since 1960! We're not looking at doing anything retrospective yet, but
I'd welcome advice from anyone on the list who has tried automation.

With thanks in advance,

Chris Goddard
Lead Bibliographical Services Officer (Devon)
 and Area Resources Librarian (West)
Central Library, Drake Circus, PLYMOUTH, PL4 8AL, U.K.
Phone: +44 (01752) 385900 Fax: +44 (01752) 385929

DISCLAIMER: This email represents my personal views and not
those of Devon County Council.

WWW (work) http://www.devon-cc.gov.uk
WWW (home) http://web.ukonline.co.uk/chris.goddard/cghome.htm