List:       publib
Subject:    Library Director Opening - Redwood City, CA (fwd)
From:       plib2 () sunsite ! berkeley ! EDU (PUBLIB)
Date:       1997-03-28 15:11:07

Sender: Gail McPartland <mcpartla@pls.lib.ca.us>
Subject: Library Director Opening - Redwood City, CA

Please excuse any duplication, this message is being posted on several
lists.

Direct any inquiries to the Dept. of Human Resources, Redwood
City, CA. Address and phone number are listed below.

-----------------------Library Director------------------------

We offer an exciting opportunity for a team-oriented individual to direct
the operations and activities at our award winning library in a highly
diverse community. Will be responsible for providing leadership to three
division heads as well as our professional and technical staff of 50.
This position reports to the Library Board and operates with a budget of
4.1 million.

This position requires 5 years of increasingly responsible related
experience and an MLS. The ideal candidate will possess a passion for
excellence, the willingness to accept new technology and a firm
commitment to continuous learning and innovation.

Salary: 72,996 - 87,600/year with a salary review in May 1997. Excellent
benefits provided. Apply at Human Resources Dept., 955 Valota Rd.,
Redwood City, CA 94061 or call Job Hotline 415/364-4425. Final filing
date is April 18, 1997 at 5pm. City application and resume required. EOE.

Gail McPartland				Electronic Resources Supervisor
email:  mcpartla@pls.lib.ca.us		Redwood City Public Library
voice:  415-780-7065			1044 Middlefield Road
fax:    415-780-7069 			Redwood City, CA  94063-1868