List:       publib
Subject:    combined service points (fwd)
From:       Burnhaven Library Staff <libbv () dakota ! lib ! mn ! us>
Date:       1996-06-28 22:43:18

Sender: Burnhaven Library Staff <libbv@dakota.lib.mn.us>
Subject: combined service points

I'd like to hear from anyone with experience in using a combined service
point for reference and children's services in a public library.  One of my
coworkers is exploring the idea of just staffing one desk, using both
reference and children's librarians, in a fairly large and busy branch. The
main reason for considering this is insufficient staff to cover both
desks consistently.

Please send any comments to me directly.  Thanks!

Dave Bostrom
libbv@dakota.lib.mn.us
                internet:  libbv@dakota.lib.mn.us
                Burnhaven Library Staff   Dakota County Library System
		612-435-7177 voice  	  1101 W County Rd 42
                612-435-3476 fax          Burnsville, MN  55337