List:       publib
Subject:    The 1996 ASIDIC Document Delivery Survey! (fwd)
From:       Randall Marcinko <rmarcink () ix ! netcom ! com>
Date:       1996-04-29 19:42:12

Sender: Randall Marcinko <rmarcink@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: The 1996 ASIDIC Document Delivery Survey!

Greetings!

I posted a message to this list on Thursday regarding a new Document
Delivery study that is being done by the Association of Information
Dissemination Centers (ASIDIC).  The response in the first day has been
GREAT!  Keep those responses coming.  There are several questions that have
been coming in repeatedly-I would like to clarify them since they are so
common.

1.  Many people have said:  "We do not do Document Delivery, just ILL
(Interlibrary Loan).  Therefore, we cannot take part?"

	NO!   For the purposes of this study, we are including any document
retrieval transaction.  This includes the fee-based transactions as well as
the "free" transactions that you might send to a colleague at another
library, or via OCLC, etc.  PLEASE  DO  JOIN  US  and  PARTICIPATE!  We
want as broad a sample group as we can possible put together.

2.  Several people from non-European, non-North American countries have
asked if they can participate?

	The original intent was to extend the study to North America.  However, if
there is sufficient response from any one country to give us statistical
data, we would be pleased include that country in our study as well-and we
would very much like to broaden the study where we can.  There have already
been several potential participants that have contacted us with this
question from Australia.  I have told them, and this would apply to any
country, that if they are interested, we will put their names on a waiting
list and will contact them if the number of potential participants gets to
a significant number for their country.

	Of course, the final product will be available for sale to anyone from
around the world.  Contact us now, if you wish, and we will add your name
to a list that will be updated as the product becomes available.

3.  Several people have had trouble with the address:   INFO@ASIDIC.ORG.
 We have contacted our internet provider and they have located an
intermittent problem with a piece of hardware.  They assure us that it will
be completely fixed by mid-day on Friday, California time.  If you have had
any mail return or similar problems, PLEASE resend the message and accept
our APOLOGIES for the inconvenience.

Again, thanks for the rousing initial response.  If this continues, we are
on our way to a good study.  But we do need a large number MORE
participants.  Why not join us?

--this message posted by:

ASIDIC (Association of Information Dissemination Centers)

ASIDIC@ASIDIC.ORG

*****for the survey	INFO@ASIDIC.ORG*******