List:       publib
Subject:    Workshop Suggestions (fwd)
From:       PDBURNAM () CC ! OWU ! EDU
Date:       1994-11-28 21:44:16

Sender: PDBURNAM@CC.OWU.EDU
Subject: Workshop Suggestions?

I am not a subscriber to this list so please reply directly to me.  I have
agreed to conduct a workshop for a regional public library cooperative
network on reference services next spring.  It will run for 4 hours, and
I want to use several active learning/audience participation activities
through its course.  The topics I will emphasize will be the reference
interview and dealing with "problem" patrons.

My question is whether anyone has read anything recently in the professional
literature or attended similar workshops that offered a fresh or innovative
approach to these issues?  Any role-playing scenarios would be most welcome.
I am also open to an referrals to colleagues that have done programming in
these areas.  Thank you in advance for your time and suggestions.

Paul Burnam, Public Services Librarian
Ohio Wesleyan University Libraries
Delaware, OH 43015-2312
(614) 368-3240