List:       pthreads-devel
Subject:    [pthreads-devel] drop-in replacement for libpthread
From:       "Nick Evgeniev" <nick () octet ! com>
Date:       2001-05-29 14:12:06

Hi,

I've installed binary ngpt 0.9.5 and .... what can I do with it??? I thought
that it will be drop-in replacement for /lib/libpthread.so but it doesn't
:(. I need m:n (many-to-many) thread model to run thread hungry java
applications. How can I do such thing with ngpt's libraries???

I don't like idea to patch glibc and define HZ constatnt in kernel to 1024
to avoid thread limitations and get more or less adequate performance with
heavy threaded java applications.

running java -green also not acceptable since it doesn't use smp
capabilities.