List:       psad-discuss
Subject:    [psad-discuss] psadfifo dies daily after logrotate
From:       Riff Raff <riffraff9000 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2008-11-21 13:19:38

Running Kubuntu 8.04, all current upgrades.  Recent install of psad, v2.1 (file \
revision: 2122).

I know it's not the latest and greatest version of psad, but it's the "official" one \
from the repositories, and it basically works, except:

Every morning my psad fifo pipe to syslog breaks, and I have to restart syslogd \
(sysklog init script in this distro).  I've tried adding a syslog restart command \
after fwdata rotates and psad restarts (using the && "and")but it doesn't help.  I \
still have to manually restart sysklog every day.

My /etc/logrotate.d/psad file:

/var/log/psad/fwdata {
       daily
       missingok
       rotate 3
       compress
       delaycompress
       notifempty
       postrotate
          psad --HUP
       endscript
}

The last script in that directory is called wpa_action, and I've even tried adding \
the syslog restart to the end of it, just to try and make it the last thing that \
runs.  Still no joy.   The fifo pipe is still only working with kmsgsd, not syslogd.  \
Once I restart syslogd, everything's fine, until the next daily log rotation.

I suspect I've overlooked something simple, but I'm just not seeing it.  Any \
thoughts?

Thanks,

-mike