List:       proxy-suite
Subject:    Problem with FTP on SOCKS 5
From:       Daniel_Hölbling <daniel_privat () gmx ! at>
Date:       2002-02-19 16:01:31

Hi, I have encountered some problems with FTP and SOCKS 5..

I am trying to programm a Socks 5 Proxy, currently i have ALPHA 2.. nearly finished \
BETA phase..

I just want to add GSS but thats not very urgent.
My problem is FTP..

i use Globalscape Cute FTP Pro 2.0 to connect to my FTP Server (127.0.0.1). It opens \
a control connection to my Proxy, my proxy connects to my Bulletproof FTP.  But \
nothing happens.  I have tried to solve the Problem by logging all things the Client \
sends and the server replys.

[<--] 220 collective2k2

[<--] 421 Connection timed-out !

That's all the Server sends and the Server is no reply from the Client. And the \
Client has received the 220 msg from the server.. but he is not replying, nor trying \
to open a new connection through the Proxy or even connect to the Proxy without \
sending Socks messages. He simply ignores it and the server sends a timeout...

Hope there is someone who knows these problems with FTP better than me.

Just to add:
My Proxy works perfectly with IRC, but not with FTP.. and some programs i wrote by \
myself that are according perfectly to the RFC 1928 standard

it would help me if you knew some more programs that are using proxys. ICQ is one of \
these but it uses a UDP connection and my proxy is currently not able to handle UDP.. \
first I wanted to add these dammn FTP ..

cu daniel