List:       proftpd-users
Subject:    [Proftpd-user] Virtual group: add/remove virtual users
From:       s3v <c0llapsed () yahoo ! it>
Date:       2015-01-05 15:03:43

Hi.

I need to add/remove an existing virtual user to/from an existing
virtual group but, despite the research, I can:

[add/delete user]
- Edit "ftpd.group".

[add user]
- Recreate the entry by executing "ftpasswd --group ... -m ... -m ... -m
.... " with option "-m" for *all* group members (old ones and new one).

I suppose that the first method is the correct way to accomplish the job
but I would like a secure way to prevent incorrect changes.

Please, can you introduce a specific option(s) ?
i.e.

    ftpasswd --group --name groupname --add-user username ...
    ftpasswd --group --name groupname --delete-user username ...

I don't know if these features are already been planned or evaluated and
discarded for some reasons.
I'm on Debian with ProFTPD 1.3.5

Thanks for your job.