List:       proftpd-users
Subject:    Re: [Proftpd-user] Transfer fails if filesize greater than 2,
From:       TJ Saunders <tj () castaglia ! org>
Date:       2009-12-03 15:57:27

>CoreFTP is working fine now.
>Problem still rests with Filezilla (my favourite client - CoreFTP is a snail)

What does proftpd debug logging at debug level 10, using FileZilla, show for
these failed resumed downloads?

  http://www.proftpd.org/docs/howto/Debugging.html

>In the Filezilla-Bugtracker I found the following post:
>http://trac.filezilla-project.org/ticket/4487
>
>I agree completely with the reporter - but not only on on Win7 (tried Vista and
XP too)

>Is Filezilla or Proftp broken as "codesquid" claims ??

I believe it's FileZilla; I added unit tests to proftpd's testsuite last night that
duplicate this "seek to just before the last byte and download one byte" behavior
of FileZilla, for both >2GB and >4GB files, with and without SSL/TLS -- proftpd
had the correct behavior in all cases.

Given that this only happens for FileZilla when SSL is used, I suspect that it's
something in FileZilla that causes the issue, but only when SSL/TLS is in effect.
I tried sight-reading the FileZilla source code last night, but nothing
immediately jumped out at me as the troublesome spot in the code.

>Could it be that the TLS module cannot handle files above a filesize of 2,1GB
on encrypted data channel??

No.  The mod_tls module does not handle or do anything with the REST
command, or with resumed downloads/uploads.

TJ