List:       proftpd-users
Subject:    Re: [Proftpd-user] Log Sent commands to PROFTPD
From:       "Thomas L. Shinnick" <tshinnic () io ! com>
Date:       2008-12-13 21:40:21

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

At 08:40 AM 12/13/2008, Jorge Bastos wrote:

>TJ,
>
>How can I log the commands that were sent by the client to the proftpd server?
>
>I've search for various debug options but nothing.
>Can you give me a hint?

I think that ExtendedLog is what you want.  You can tell ProFTPd
where you want that file to be written.  You can also change the
format of the logged entries, but the default format is good enough.

Using ExtendedLog is the only thing that keeps me sane.  Otherwise,
if I can't tell the users what they've done, _they_ have _no_ idea!