List:       proftpd-users
Subject:    Re: [Proftpd-user] Solaris 8 and Proftp
From:       Ed Wilts <ewilts () ewilts ! org>
Date:       2007-01-30 0:56:38

On 1/29/2007 10:12 AM, Buozis, Martynas wrote:
> Sorry if I am some sort of annoying, but I am really curious in this
> case. Latest SUN patch fixed following bug:
>
> Bug ID: 6476945
> Synopsis: System unable to reboot properly after proftp ftp session.

You're not annoying but you're asking the wrong people.  You need to ask
Sun.  It's Sun's bug and they're the only people that can give you the
information you think you need (although you haven't really said what
you need).

As I've pointed out before, if you're not in kernel mode and you crash
the kernel, it's a kernel bug.  It doesn't matter if you're following
the documented procedures or not.  Bug free kernels do not crash (except
if you're in kernel mode in which case all bets are off).

Sun has the ProFTPd source.  The ProFTPd developers do not have the Sun
source.

	.../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA