List:       proftpd-users
Subject:    [Proftpd-user] Dates appearing incorrectly in some Windows clients
From:       "Haywood, Steven" <Steven.Haywood () teamuk ! telstra ! com>
Date:       2004-05-18 15:18:58

Hiya

I have 1.2.9 running on FreeBSD 4.6-RC, installed from Ports

When a file on the FTP server is fairly new (in fact, modified any time within the \
last hour exactly) certain Windows FTP clients (including CoffeeCup FTP and Internet \
Explorer) list the date as being 18 May 2003. AceFTP lists the date as being 18 May \
2004.

Windows command-line FTP lists the file correctly:
200 PORT command successful
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for file list
drwx------   2 username  ftpcheck      512 Feb  5 08:46 Retail_NTS
-rw-------   1 username  ftpcheck     4659 May 18 15:37 xxx_2072831094.txt
226 Transfer complete.
Standard FBSD ftp client lists the same as the windows commandline client exactly.

Has anyone encountered anything like this before?

Thanks
Steven

Server is running standalone, users are chrooted into their home directory, server is \
running as "nobody", usernames/passwords are stored in a separate file in /etc

Modules are as follows:
  mod_core.c
  mod_xfer.c
  mod_auth_unix.c
  mod_auth_file.c
  mod_auth.c
  mod_ls.c
  mod_log.c
  mod_site.c
  mod_auth_pam.c
  mod_ratio.c
  mod_readme.c
  mod_wrap.c
Timezone on Server and Clients are both GMT (Summer time active so effectively GMT \
+0100) The fact that it's an hour that makes the difference makes me think it MIGHT \
be something to do with daylight savings... but I'm not sure how to check this, or \
whether this is in fact the case.

Infrastructure/Support Manager
Telstra Europe Ltd
0845 685 5990

privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee(s). Access to this
email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended
recipient, please delete this e-mail and notify Telstra. Any disclosure
of the contents or recipients, distribution of, copying of or decisions
based on this email by unauthorised persons is prohibited and may be
unlawful.

Telstra Europe Ltd
3 Finsbury Square
London EC2A 1AE