List:       proftpd-users
Subject:    Re: [Proftpd-user] Changing the proftpd mysql login query
From:       Patrick Muldoon <doon () inoc ! net>
Date:       2004-04-27 20:21:41

On Tuesday 27 April 2004 04:12 pm, Brad wrote:
> I am trying to set up proftpd with virtual hosts and need to change the
> way that proftpd authenticates users.  I need to add a 'domain' column
> to the users table and have it auth where user=username and
> domain='virtualhost'.  Has anyone done this or can anyone point me in
> the right direction?
>
> TIA,
>
> Brad

Does each virtualhost have it's own IP address?

if so use a SQLWhereClause

For instance we use the follwing
SQLUserInfo view_ftpUsers  Username Password UID GID HomeDir Shell
SQLUserWhereClause "realm=1"  To say authenticate users for this virtual host
from realm 1 ..

Hope that helps,
-Patrick

--
Patrick Muldoon
Network/Software Engineer

Avoid temporary variables and strange women.