List:       procmail
Subject:    Re: [pro] Re: Receiving System Mail
From:       Rem P Roberti <remegius () comcast ! net>
Date:       2009-01-31 17:31:57

On 2009.01.31 11:45:22 +0000, Charles Gregory wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Jan 2009, Rem P Roberti wrote:
> >Well, I had crontab firing away, and I tried just about every recipe
> >that I could think of.  So, it appears that the problem has absolutely
> >nothing to do with procmail....
>
> Suggest you check /etc/aliases, recipient's .forward and so on, for a use
> of a FILESPEC as destination instead of an address/user.

/etc/aliases was modified thusly: root:  <user>  And then newaliases was
invoked to make the change.

> Or do you have your MTA configured to use one 'local delivery agent' for
> mail coming in through the SMTP interface, but another program for mail
> from local sources? Try sending a mail directly to root yourself, and see
> where it goes?

This is an interesting question.  I am using msmtp to receive mail via
smtp.  I did not make any changes to files in /etc/mail.  When I try to
send email directly to root Mutt indicates that the mail was sent but it
just seems to disappear.  Nothing shows up in /var/log/maillog or
anywhere else indicating that the mail was ever sent.

Rem