List:       procmail
Subject:    Re: procmail changes message filename
From:       Dallman Ross <dman () nomotek ! com>
Date:       2009-01-26 12:15:58

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 10:13:59AM +0100, Timon van der Meulen wrote:
> Some time ago i started to use procmail on my ubuntu/plesk/qmail server.
> Before that, the filename used for the mailmessage were like:
>
> {MSGNO}.{HASH}.{SERVERNAME}.nl,S=2451
>
> When i started using procmail the message filenames changed into:
>
> msg.0A0M
>
> Is there a way to change the filename procmail uses? i prefer the
> originale filename.

You have changed your action line and are invoking what we
call "legacy procmail directory-type delivery."  To use
maildir+ style delivery, put a trailing slash on your
action line's delivering path.

  :0
  * conditions
  /path/to/maildir/folder/

See the trailing slash?  That is what you want.

This is explained in the procmailrc man page.

       If it  [i.e., the  mailbox name  given on the  action line]  is a
       directory,  the  mail  will  be delivered  to  a  newly  created,
       guaranteed to be  unique file named $MSGPREFIX*  in the specified
       directory. . . .  If  the  mailbox  name ends  in "/",  then this
       directory is presumed to be a maildir folder . . . .

dman