List:       procmail
Subject:    Re: Forwarding to SMTP
From:       PSE-L () mail ! professional ! org (Professional Software Engineering)
Date:       2007-02-15 20:57:22

Patrick wrote:

>As part of a corporate reorganization I suddenly have a need to forward
>all mail coming through my Linux/sendmail/procmail server to an smtp
>server elsewhere.

er, versus storing it locally, or in order to get it outside of your
network when forwarding it elsewhere anyway?

If the latter, check into smarthost configuration.

>I dont believe the following syntax will work:
>
># Forward the email
>:0 c
>!smtp:second-mail-server.net

! simply invokes $SENDMAIL.  if what you're passing wouldn't be accepted on
the commandline of SENDMAIL, then don't expect procmail to be able to
magically make it work.

Check on a SENDMAIL support list, such as news:comp.mail.sendmail about how
you should be configuring your MTA.

---