List:       procmail
Subject:    Re: Forwarding blocked by ISP, using sendmail instead
From:       Alan Clifford <lists () clifford ! ac>
Date:       2007-02-08 21:45:15

On Thu, 8 Feb 2007, Paul Goodyear wrote:

PG>This works but then becuase of the -f it appends the following header,
PG>and could be bad at some point:

PG>user1@mydomain.com using -f
PG>
PG>I take it this could actually be either a Procmail, Sendmail or ever a
PG>system issue. (Do I need to set each local users email address on the
PG>system so that mails from are from their address and not local systems
PG>location?)

This is sendmail.  You need to put your login in /etc/mail/trusted-users.
And you need to enable the feature:

use_ct_file     Read the file /etc/mail/trusted-users file to get the
                names of users that will be ``trusted'', that is, able to
                set their envelope from address using -f without generating
                a warning message.  The actual filename can be overridden
                by redefining confCT_FILE.

--
Alan

( Please do not email me AS WELL as replying to the list.  Please
  address personal email to alan+1@ as lists@ is not read. A
  password autoresponder may be invoked if this email is very old. )