List:       procmail
Subject:    Re: How to recognise messages from local network or authenticated
From:       Michael J Wise <mjwise () kapu ! net>
Date:       2006-12-11 16:43:21

On Dec 11, 2006, at 12:30 AM, Robert S wrote:

> What is the best way of recognising these headers in procmail?

Parse them.

> At the moment I'm using the
> permutations and combinations of these and the best I can do at the
> moment is to use the name of every sending computer on the local
> network.

You don't want to use the name, you want to use the IP address.
"Trust Me On This..."[tm]

> Is there a straightforward and robust way of doing this?

No, it's ugly and nasty and you need to use recursion to do it properly.
But once you get it working, it works like a dream.

	<http://info.ccone.at/INFO/Mail-Archives/procmail/Jul-2005/
msg00218.html>

Aloha mai Nai`a!
--