List:       procmail
Subject:    Re: If you use AOL or Yahoo, it's time to find a new ISP
From:       Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle () freenet ! de>
Date:       2006-02-15 10:47:35

Am 2006-02-09 12:08:27, schrieb Professional Software Engineering:

> A site on which I admin has already been discussing blocking s*bscriptions
> from AOL users if their new method results in rejected mail.  We've locally

@ROTFL@

I have blacklisted subscribers with AOL e-mails since more then 2 years.
OK, my around 200 lists have only 17.000 Users which are subscribed to
several lists, but gotten in the past up to 5000 bounces per day fom AOL.

> blacklisted AOL on several occasions in the past to deal with AOL blocking
> us (we're not in their "Enhanced whitelist"), because their users will
> start emailing the lists asking "are the lists up?" "I haven't seen any
> messages for a few days" and the like, but never actually see their own
> posts or the replies (not to mention it's wildly off-topic for the
> site).  Blocking THEIR mail from entering the site, and providing a URL
> reference to an incident writeup on our website allows us to keep their
> innane babbling off the list and notify them that the reason they haven't
> seen messages is because their ISP is blocking them.  AOL has _NEVER_
> provided us with a complaint or ANYTHING explaining why the server ends up
> in their blacklist.  We don't relay, we're secured, we don't even accept
> HTML messages or attachments.

FullACK. Here the same.

Greetings
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi