List:       procmail
Subject:    Re: zips getting past recipe for virtual domain
From:       LuKreme <kremels () kreme ! com>
Date:       2004-03-26 17:11:18

On Mar 25, 2004, at 6:39 AM, Robert Allerstorfer wrote:
> Nothing has to be changed from the default settings to catch infected
> mails that have a virus attached inside a zip archive. The zip archive
> can even be encrypted. Since 10 days, it freed me from 105 zipped
> viruses:

I really wish you would stop saying this.  It is simply not true.  Your
procmail does NOT check for viruses in any way tat I can see.  It
checks for executable file types and that is NOT the same thing.

I don't have anything against your recipes.  In fact, I think they are
quite well-done; but calling them "anti-virus" is simply misleading as
they don't distinguish between a zip file containing a copy of
notepad.exe and a zip file containing virusload.exe.

--
There's nothing to do, so you just stay in bed [ah, poor thing] Why
live in the world when you can live in your head?