List:       procmail
Subject:    Re: recipe problem
From:       PSE-L () mail ! professional ! org (Professional Software Engineering)
Date:       2003-10-31 8:38:14

At 20:10 2003-10-30 -0700, Bob Holtzman wrote:
>I'm having a problem getting some recipes to work. I *think* they're setup
>correctly.I'm running procmail-3.22-5 on a Redhat 7.3 box. My
>./.procmailrc file looks like this:
>
>SHELL=/bin/sh                           PMDIR=$HOME/Procmail
>LOGFILE=$PMDIR/.procmail. VERBOSE=yes MAILDIR=/var/spool/mail
>LOGABSTRACT=all
>                INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/duplicates.rcINCLUDERC=$PMDIR/backup.rc
> INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/basics.rc#INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/testing.rc
> INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/lists.rc
>INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/spamtrap.rc
>
>Notice basics.rc comes before spamtrap.rc.

What I notice is that there are several lines which don't have proper
newline breaks in them.  Perhaps you should ensure that your procmailrc
file isn't similarly hosed, though I'm guessing that your mail client or
sending mail server is actually to blame for this malformed post.

>and :0:                                                        *

Your posted message formatting is so hosed that if your problem weren't so
trivial, it wouldn't be worth diagnosing until there's a copy posted with
properly formatted linebreaks, etc.  Barring that, posting files to a
webspace can be beneficial.

I so very hope that your post isn't representative of a "typical" message
from Eudora 5.2.1

>  $MAILDIR/holtzm Mail the log
> shows:                                     procmail: No
> match"^From:.SchwabAlerts.MyPortfolio
>@Schwab.com"

Because a SINGLE DOT matches a SINGLE CHARACTER.  Try putting an asterisk
after the dot in the From:  (and properly escaping the two dots which are
intended to match real dots).  I suspect your prolem with the morningstar
one is similar, but your boffed MUA makes it difficult to know for sure.

---