List:       procmail
Subject:    Re: HTML Mail
From:       Paul Chvostek <paul+pm () it ! ca>
Date:       2003-10-21 20:19:49

On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 12:28:06PM +0100, Richard Ibbotson wrote:

> I'm sure this has been seen many times.  Tried the archive and can't
> find anything.

For additional wisdom, check a thread from about June with the subject
"matching empty text/plain".  I got alot of good learnin' from that.

> I'd like to use Procmail to delete HTML mail to /dev/null on my own
> workstation.  I think that means to put something in /etc/procmail.
> Can anyone describe a procmail recipe that can do this for me ?

This catches mail whose header says it's HTML.

  :0
  { EXITCODE=66 }

  :0 A
  /dev/null

This catches multipart mail with only an HTML (and no plain) part.

  :0
  {
   :0
   * 2^1 B ?? ^Content-Type: text/html
   * -1^1  B ?? ^Content-Type: text
   { EXITCODE=66 }

   :0 A
   /dev/null
  }

Note that BOTH of these will cause you to miss legitimate mail.

--
  Paul Chvostek                                             <paul@it.ca>
  Operations / Abuse / Whatever