List:       procmail
Subject:    Re: procmailrc help
From:       Andrew Edelstein <andrew () pure-chaos ! com>
Date:       2000-12-21 5:13:32

On Wed, Dec 20, 2000 at 09:55:33PM -0600, Philip Guenther wrote:
> >As long as you bring it up, how does everyone else generally sort mailing
> >lists? I use Sender: myself, for lists that add a Sender: header. I'm curious
> >how the more experienced procmail users determine where to sort list mail.
>
> I prefer the Return-Path: header field.  Perhaps a better choice would
> be the List-Id: header field, for those lists which support it.

Interesting, given that, for your message, I have "Return-Path:
<guenther@gac.edu>"
How does one determine that that message was from the Procmail list?
Oh, I see, it was addressed directly to me, Cc'd to the list. Apparently I'm
looking at the copy sent direct, and procmail threw out the other one (since
it has the same message-id and was deemed a duplicate.)

--
Andrew Edelstein		http://andrew.pure-chaos.com

"A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot.
This symptom is especially serious in that an individual displaying it never
thinks of it as a sign of ill health but as proof of his/her strength."