List:       procmail
Subject:    Re: Getting date to use in outputfile
From:       bodysurf () netcom ! com (Tim)
Date:       1996-11-27 18:18:50

> How would you change this recipe so that in the redirected filename it
> would have something like 'air.level271196'

I don't see why this wouldn't work.  I suppose it doesn't matter than you
don't have a LOCKFILE as whatever the newest incoming mail is that
matches this recipe will just CLOBBER the old (if present) file.  That's
the way you want in right?

	DATE=`date +%d%m%y`

	:HBc
	* ^Subject:.*Air Quality Bulletin
	| /home/dill/isps/src/air/do_level >\
	  /home/dill/isps/src/air/Output/air.level$DATE

> Also, I know it is possible to nest commands on the '|' line so you can
> execute more than one command in a recipe.

The ';' can do that.  And you may need to stick some '('/')' in there
depending on what you want to do.

> BTW where's the documentation for procmail?

In the MAN (manual) pages; it comes with the TARred source for PROCMAIL.

Lates!