List:       privoxy-users
Subject:    [privoxy-users] [ ijbswa-Support Requests-3606191 ] uninstall privoxy on mac
From:       SourceForge.net <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2013-02-27 13:23:06

Support Requests item #3606191, was opened at 2013-02-27 02:11
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by diem
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=211118&aid=3606191&group_id=11118

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I installed privoxy on mac.os through preferences, but can't remember how i did that. \
some pages don't work anymore (like buying train tickets etc) so I really want to get \
rid of it. Please give the information how to uninstall it...  mamamahita(no spam)at \
yahoo.de(no spam)

Date: 2013-02-27 05:23

Message:
Hi Mata,

I notice you've closed this ticket but just in case you still need an
answer, I've attached a zipped readme from the official OS X package that
describes how to reconfigure OS X to use the installed Privoxy; reversing
these instructions will stop your web browser(s) from using Privoxy.

If you are using the official distribution, you'll then find a file
uninstall.command in /Applications/Privoxy/ that you can use to completely
remove the software.

If on the other hand you'd like to benefit from Privoxy and would like to
learn how to selectively disable it per-site so that the sites you've found
not to work can work once more please do post back the URL(s) and we can
assist you in adding the appropriate configurations.

Cheers,

Ian