List:       privoxy-users
Subject:    [privoxy-users] [ ijbswa-Support Requests-3507040 ] Filtering not working
From:       SourceForge.net <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2012-03-20 6:44:38

Support Requests item #3507040, was opened at 2012-03-17 08:04
Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by spon901
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=211118&aid=3507040&group_id=11118

not just the latest update.
Category: actions files
Group: 3.0.19

Initial Comment:
I want to get rid of some ads from GOOGLE page but seems filtering is not working .  \
For example suppose I want to replace word background ith bbb.  .

I create following filter :

FILTER: uuu Tag filter of uuu
s|background|bbb|g
s|.+?background.+?|bbb|g

Seems nothing happends .  Th page is not filtered.  I have no idea what is wrong. I \
attached also the configuration files..

Manty Thanks

Comment By: Fabian Keil (fabiankeil)
Date: 2012-03-19 07:36

Message:
If the filter was executed, you would see log messages saying so.

In this case the problem is your URL pattern which doesn't match
www.google.com/ as the "*" doesn't match across sub domain boundaries.

The recommended pattern to match all URLs is "/". If you want to stick with
the asterisk, you could use the slightly less efficient ".*".

You can check:
http://config.privoxy.org/show-url-info?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fbla
to see if your pattern matches.

Comment By: Spon901 (spon901)
Date: 2012-03-18 13:30

Message:
I attached privoxy.log having following debug activated :

debug     1 # Log the destination for each request Privoxy let through. See
also debug 1024.
debug     2 # show each connection status
debug     4 # show I/O status
debug     8 # show header parsing
debug   128 # debug redirects
debug   256 # debug GIF de-animation
debug   512 # Common Log Format
debug  1024 # Log the destination for requests Privoxy didn't let through,
and the reason why.
debug  4096 # Startup banner and warnings.
debug  8192 # Non-fatal errors
debug    64 # debug regular expression filters

How can I check if the filter is executed or not?

Thanks,
Razvan

Comment By: Fabian Keil (fabiankeil)
Date: 2012-03-18 12:30

Message:
Is the filter actually executed?

Try reproducing the problem with the debug setting recommended for reports
like this and attach a log excerpt:
http://www.privoxy.org/user-manual/contact.html#CONTACT-BUGS

Comment By: Spon901 (spon901)
Date: 2012-03-17 08:06

Message:
Seems cannot attach files so small here :

Here are the contens of the files :

uuu.act :

{ +filter{uuu} }
*